Top 10 Things to Do in Rwanda
Are you looking for the best places to visit in Rwanda? Or maybe you are looking for the best things to do on your holiday on Rwanda? Keep reading to discover the top places to visit and things you can do that should not miss on your itinerary in Rwanda. Many travelers today travel to Rwanda, the land of a thousand hills and look for specific tours and trips. Here we feature some of the top things to do in the most exciting places to visit in Rwanda.
The tours and activities highlighted in this country are chosen based on traveler reviews, feedback from thousands of people who visit Rwanda during the year, and information on which safaris in Rwanda, travelers book most often. We think you’ll enjoy reading about the different array of activities available.
Join us for this tour of the Top 10 Things to Do in Rwanda, the land of a thousand hills;
- Track the rare Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda in Volcanoes national Park. Nearly a third of the world’s most endangered species are living within in the park, a place Dian Fossey called home for over 18 years living within the forests looking for the mountain gorillas and freeing them from poaching, snares etc.
- Go chimpanzee trekking in remote Nyungwe forest National park, one of the oldest ancient tropical rainforests on the African continent. The park has 13 primates species including chimpanzees, black and white colobus monkeys, red tailed monkeys etc. The park is as well the only place in East Africa where you can enjoy a canopy walk.
- Watch the large elephant herds as they gather in Akagera National park, the only savanna national park in Rwanda. Named after the Akagera River, the 1200sq km of Akagera National Park host incredible wildlife.
- Enjoy game drives in the countryside on your wildlife safari through various parks in Rwanda. Most game drives are conducted in Akagera national park located in eastern Rwanda along the border with Tanzania.
- Take Canoe rides down the length of the Lake Kivu, one of the best places for leisure holidays in the country
- Enjoy the various adventure activities, iconic scenery, beautiful rolling hills and safaris.
- Take a nature walk to Dian Fossey’s grave in Parc Nationale des Volcans
- Enjoy amazing game viewing plus bird watching in both Akagera and Nyungwe National Parks
- Explore the wilderness area and take guided forest walking safaris in various national parks; Nyungwe Forest National Park and Volcanoes National Park.
- Explore Africa’s unique Culture by paying a Visit to pygmy people learn their behavior patterns in Ruhejeri near Volcanoes National Park
- Hike along some of the volcanic mountains in the country; Karisimbi, Visoke Mountains and Muhabura along the Uganda-Rwanda border.
- Enjoy Golden Monkey tracking in Volcanoes National Park (PNV).
- Visit the different Genocide memorial sites and learn what exactly sparked off the tragedy that left more than a million people dead. There are several genocide memorial sites which include Kigali, Nyamata Genocide Memorial site, Gisozi Memorial site, Bisesero, Gisenyi and more.